Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Faculty Mentoring Program
Who is this Program for?
- Librarians new to UMD.
- Librarians coming up for promotion.
- Librarians seeking professional development advice and opportunities.
- Mentoring is required for all permanent status-track librarians.
Goals and Activities:
The Faculty Mentoring Committee exists to:
- Facilitate the building of professionally supportive relationships between librarians.
- Match mentees with mentors based on areas of need and other factors.
- Monitor mentoring relationships for all active mentees and provide assistance as needed.
- Sponsor formal and informal training on mentoring, including brown bag discussions, presentations, and online guides.
- Evaluate the progress of the Libraries’ mentoring program and makes suggestions for improvements.
Information about the Mentoring Program and the Faculty Mentoring Committee can be found on Libi. (Access restricted to UMD Libraries faculty only.)